2022 Mosquito Abatement Program
THERE IS NOT ANY ADULTICIDE SPRAY SCHEDULED YET!
PLEASE CONTACT WWW.ROSEPESTSOLUTIONS.COM TO:
- BE PLACED ON THE SCHEDULE FOR SHUT OFF
- HAVE A VISIT PRIOR TO AN EVENT AT YOUR HOME
Flushing Township 2022 Mosquito Abatement Program
Shutoff Notification Request Form
Inspection and Treatment Form
Mosquito Abatement Program
Consists of Six Key Elements
- Early spring surveying in the township to locate potential mosquito breeding habitats.
- Testing and monitoring of any known sites that have standing water for the presence of mosquito larvae.
- Larvacide treatment of standing waters, ditches, and woodland pools that test positive for mosquito larvae.
- Adult mosquito surveillance and monitoring using an extensive array of New Jersey Light Traps (NJLT) and CDC Traps. The number of adult female mosquitoes in the traps will be monitored three days a week. Only female mosquitoes bite.
- When monitoring efforts show where adult mosquitoes are above acceptable levels, a truck-mounted short-lived adulticide spray will be applied to knock down the mosquitoes in the affected area. Areas to receive adulticide spray treatments will be posted on the Township Web Site flushingtownship.com by 5:00 p.m. of that day. This type of application is defined as a space treatment that uses an Ultra Low Volume (ULV) machine. The chemical used for this treatment is Kontrol 4-4 and/or Zenivex E4 RTU. The active ingredients for Kontrol 4-4 are Permethrin 4.6% and Piperonyl Butoxide Technical 4.6. The active ingredient for Zenivex E4 RTU is Etofenprox 4%. There is no re-entry restriction listed on either product.
- If you are pregnant, have health concerns, asthma, allergies, emphysema, or compromised immune systems because of chemotherapy or other medications, or environmental concerns: call Rose Pest Solutions at 1-800-437-6938, E-Mail them at firstname.lastname@example.org , pick up a form at the township hall, or visit the township’s website www.flushingtownship.com to get:
- Shut-Off List – to have the adulticide spray shut off in front of your property.
- Notification List – to know when there will be adulticide spraying in your area, so you are able to close doors and windows and bring your pets inside.
Rose Pest Solutions
District Supervisor: Ashley Warner
District Manager: Mark Lucero
2906 Nodular Drive
Saginaw, MI 48601
Phone: (989) 754-1489
24 Hour Informational Hotline
- Adultcide Spraying Applications
- To report potential breeding areas off your property
- General Information
Supervisor……..... Frederick Thorsby Clerk…………….….. Wendy Meinburg
Treasurer……….... Terry Peck
Trustee……… ..…. Bill Bain
Trustee…………….. Sharilynn Willette
|Physical Address - Flushing Township 6524 N Seymour Rd, Flushing Township, MI 48433
Phone: (810)659-0800 Fax: (810)-569-4212
All News and Updates ...